I had a customer in my shop a few minutes ago who forgot his parental control passcode.
The ONLY way to fix this is to contact microsoft support!

Here is a quick guide:

You will be asked some questions from the support person.

So make a note of the following, try to use the same information as when you registered your console if it is registered

Your gamertag
Your email adress
Your phone number. We gave a mobile phone number and received a text message with a code to give back to the support person
Your zip code

turn your 360 off
Remove your hard drive any other memory units.
Turn the 360 on
Go to system blade->console settings->system info

Make a note of your console serial number

Now, from your computer/other device with a working browser and internet connection:

Go to support.xbox.com
Find and click the "contact support" link/icon, far down on the right
Click the "xbox 360" link/icon
Click configuration and settings
Click "start chat" far down on the left

Be nice to the support person and answer all the questions.

You will then be asked to enter the system info page that you are already at if you followed my instructions.

You will be asked to press some keys on your gamepad in the correct sequence.

This sequence is unique to your console, that is why it didnt work when you followed other guides that are available...save our sequence so you dont need to call support next time...

If you got the sequence of button presses correct you will get a message box asking to reset settings, select YES.

The console will reboot. It might show a picture on the tv suggesting to press a button on the controller, press that button.

Now your console asks for your preferred language, if you want to enable parental controls etc, attaching to networks and whatnot. Just select what you preferr and you are good to go.