Visar resultat 1 till 7 av 7

Diskussion: Wiikey 2 does not read any disc except wiikey update 1.4

Registrerade
    Jul 2016
    Respekt

Unhappy Wiikey 2 does not read any disc except wiikey update 1.4

Hello everyone.

I bought a wiikey 2 (original i think). I manage to connect the wires (see photo) and i have tripple-checked that the wires are well soldered. I have 30 burned games from another wii which i had and it was hardmodded(don't know what chip was). Wiikey 2 does not recognize any game. Sometimes it shows the game in disk channel and when i click start it shows me "the game disk could not be read." or shows me in disk channel that the disk can't be read. The only disk that recognizes is the 1.4s update and the config disk. I had filechopped the iso before and i burned them at 3x . What can i do?

Wii firmware: 4.1E with bootmii and boot2 & priiloader. 20160722_234258-1.jpg
    D2E drive

**this wiikey 2 has yellow sticker so isn't necessary to connect d e f
    **Also sometimes the disc drive aren't responding. Cannot insert a game into wii.

I am confused. I ran super mario galaxy 2 ntsc and it worked until i select a savefile. After that it corrupt. Now i'm running ssbb pal and it plays wihtout a problem. It corrupted when i start a match. An hour ago had read fail on startup. I can't figure out what's going oooon!!
    When it was softmodded it played everything fine.
    Last edited by panosdanis; 2016-07-23 at 03:44.

Registrerade
    Oct 2008
    Från
    Jordbro, Sweden
    Respekt
    You really want to make those trims shorter, for instance A looks like it could potentially short with the pad next to it, B and C both look like they could potentially have a spark going between them aswell (they're very close to eachother)

When soldering these things, you want the ends to be as small as possible, preferably just enough for it to connect to the pads, nothing more, that way you're sure it doesn't connect to anything else by accident
    Google is your friend!

Om du tycker något jag skriver inte stämmer, skriv det! var inte rädd för att bevisa att jag har fel, jag bits inte, jag lovar! (Bara lite ibland...)

Skriver jag "OSS" eller "VI" betyder det oftast: PSXCare

Registrerade
    Jul 2016
    Respekt
    I tried today. I short the wires and now i'm sure that every cable is rooted. You can see the photo below. BUT still can't accept backup discs except update and config disk. I Have not original game to run.Bifogning 1282

As i saw the wiikey runs perfectly because the leds are blinking when i open up the wii or i insert a disc. But can't read them I have tried Uloader and Neogama to load from disc but they pop the disc can't be read
    Last edited by panosdanis; 2016-07-24 at 00:07.

Registrerade
    Feb 2005
    Från
    VÄXJÖ...SMÅLAND
    Respekt
    You should try to use the alternative G point and alternative GND. It could make the wii work. Have done 20+ with the alt points when the org didn´t work.
    Just google alternative solder points Wiikey2

Registrerade
    Jul 2016
    Respekt
    All the posts i've read are fromm 2009 all the pics from their alternate points are deleted. I am searching 20minutes and i can't find anything. Once i tried that :Bifogning 1283 and the result was the same. I haven't try yet to move the G point on the old G and not on the chip but i'm afraid i will just loose my time. The only alternate that i found is this : Bifogning 1284

Registrerade
    Jul 2016
    Respekt
    Ι tried second D2E drive and same problem. i tried alternate points on G,GND,3V3 all the possible connections and it didn't work. I will continue with softmod.

Registrerade
    Feb 2005
    Från
    VÄXJÖ...SMÅLAND
    Respekt
    Here are the alt pointsBifogning 1285Bifogning 1286

Liknande diskussioner

1. Wiikey fusion - "unable to read disc"
    By qatrik in forum Nintendo WII - Wiikey och Wiikey 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-03-25, 16:13
  2. Wiikey Update 1.9s + Wiikey cfg 1.4 (beta)
    By amerald in forum Nintendo WII - Wiikey och Wiikey 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2010-05-25, 02:48
  3. Ny update Wiikey 1.9s
    By WiiMii in forum Nintendo WII - Wiikey och Wiikey 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-03-26, 23:55
  4. Wiikey "unable to read the disc"
    By giggety in forum Nintendo WII - Allmänt
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-03-14, 15:50
  5. WiiKey update v1.9b
    By Haxxor in forum Nintendo WII - Allmänt
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-09-26, 10:01