Visar resultat 1 till 2 av 2

Diskussion: Hänger sig

Registrerade
    Jul 2004
    Respekt

Question Hänger sig

Har en box 1.6 med xenium ice 80g hd. Kör evox m8_16. Har ett problem när jag startar mtx mototrak så kommer jag in så långt att det står press start, när jag gör detta så hänger sig boxen, har provat både från skiva och dvd. Spelet fungerar perfekt i kompisens xbox. Alla andra spel jag provat fungerar perfekt.

Registrerade
    Aug 2004
    Respekt

xbox xenium 2.0 spel hänger sig

Har haft exakt samma problem men nu verkar det ha löst sig.
    Letade ganska länge innan jag hittade guiden.
    För att göra en lång historia kort så verkar det som om de inbyggda formatering verktyget i xenium os 2.0 ibland kunna göra att e partitionen på hårdisken blir felaktig vilket i sin tur leder till att spel med live funktion låser sig precis efter intro/tillverkar filmerna. För att lösa detta måste man bara formatera om E vilket är ganska lätt och går att göra genom ftp.

Funka för mig

Gumba ska ha ett stort tack

Complete Guide to Fixing the Xenium OS2 Beta and Pre-release Formatting/Xbox Live Bug V2 (5-10mins)

Introduction

The Xenium OS 2 Beta (and the Pre-Release on the ICE chips), has a bug in its drive formatting Tools. If you use XOS2 to prepare your HD, then you won't be able to run many Xbox Live games, instead they will freeze after the studio titles, or before them, or while loading the main game (depends on the game), even off the retail discs while booted with the retail bios (TSOP)!

To fix it you need to reformat your E partition with the EvolutionX dashboard's built in formatter, which is accessed via FTP, but you will not need to format your C, F or G drives. Not having to format C is a lot safer as you do not have to wipe your Xboxes operating system, not formatting F or G (if it exists) will save you LOTS of time (days) and frustration if you actually have anything on F or G smile.gif.

Guide

1) ftp the contents of your E drive to a separate folder on your PC, If you have HUGE folders on your E drive (e/apps and e/roms perhaps?) then you may just want to move them to F first? might be faster than FTPing them.
    1.5) if you have avalaunch, install evox (remember to configure the IP address) on your c drive and rename avalaunch.xbe (avalaunch-.xbe will do) (assuming X2 bios)
    2) reboot xbox, connect via ftp to evox
    3) Format partition 1 (E drive) using raw FTP commands via your FTP client ie

QUOTE (from the evox tutorial - modified)

1. "Formatpath \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1"
    You will receive a [key] reply from the Xbox that will appear in your FTP client
    2. "Formatdrive [key]" (obviously you?d enter the actual key that you received, not [key])

4) disconnect and reconnect to the evox ftp server
    5) upload the contents of the E drive back to the xbox
    5.5) if you were using avalaunch before, then rename the avalaunch xbe back to what it was before ("avalaunch.xbe" for my bios)

My Testing Methodology

I formatted Y, then X, then Z, then C, then E in the process of fixing this, I tested after each drive was formatted by trying to boot my PGR2 retail disc, and the problem (ie PGR2, Amped2 and other Live games would not fully run, even from the retail discs) was only fixed after E... So, the only things I could say were that

1) E must be formatted, and
    2) formatting C, E, X,Y,Z does fix the problem.
    3) F does not need to be formatted (and thus neither backed up, nor restored!)

I then posted v1 of this guide, in which I asked others to try formatting E first to see if you only need to format E. A number of people who used my guide reported they only had to format E, so I'm updating the guide to v2 wink.gif

In retrospect I think this makes sense, E drive is the first partition, and thus the most likely to have a critical problem I suppose.

FYI: Xbox partition map: 1=E 2=C 3=X 4=Y 5=Z 6=F 7=G

Appleguru and myself worked this out in a chat.

Liknande diskussioner

1. Xboxen hänger sig! (Snälla hjälp mig!)
    By Mozez in forum X-BOX Hårdvaruforum
    Senaste inlägg: 2004-08-06, 22:27
  2. Xboxen hänger sig :((
    By fackamato in forum X-BOX Hårdvaruforum
    Senaste inlägg: 2004-07-30, 22:47
  3. Hänger sig när jag ska flasha
    By Bogust in forum X-B.I.T. support
    Senaste inlägg: 2003-12-14, 22:18
  4. boxen hänger sig och vilket chip??
    By Monks in forum X-BOX Hårdvaruforum
    Senaste inlägg: 2003-10-28, 13:12
  5. problem xbmp2.3 hänger sig