Visar resultat 1 till 9 av 9

Diskussion: Fin bra guide hur man får in linux på Xboxen?

Registrerade
    Jan 2004
    Respekt

Fin bra guide hur man får in linux på Xboxen?

Fonnse det inte bar guider hur man får in linux på Xboxen?

Registrerade
    Apr 2005
    Från
    Östersund (Frösön)
    Respekt
    http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.p...ticle&artid=42

Saxat:

"1.0 - Installation

First off, start by burning the Star******iso file to a CD. I use NERO or cdrecord to do this. Burn it as a standard ISO disc-at-once with finalisation enabled. This should work, if it doesnt - try track-at-once and/or a lower speed.

There are now more methods of installation, the first of which is done by using Cromwell. Inside this archive you should have received a file named "800x600.bin" and one named "640x480.bin" (both in /Stardust BIOS/ - Obviously if one doesnt work, use the other, start with 640x480.bin).

To use this method you will need to either flash your modchip, or TSOP with either file (though the installer has been optimised for 640x480). I'll let you decide how to flash. It only requires a 256K bank but you may double it up to take up 512K or even a full 1MB.

Once you have this BIOS installed, boot your Xbox. A Gentoox screen will appear, make sure the right hand "DVD" icon is selected then wait 10 seconds on press 'A' on your Xpad. Your CD tray will then open automatically - if it doesn't, reboot and try again. Once the tray is open, place the Stardust install CD in the tray and either press 'A', push the tray closed, or press the 'eject' button on your Xbox. The installer will then load. If at any point it gets stuck (sometimes happens at "Starting Linux") or the LED goes a constant red colour, turn off the Xbox and repeat the proceedure. After a few seconds a welcome screen will be displayed with instructions on how to complete the installation.

When the system halts at the end of the installation, simply press the power button to turn your Xbox off, then turn it back on (The same applies if an error occurs).

NOTE: All text is CaSeSenSiTIVe. All answers should be given in lowercase. When you are presented with an option, type your answer exactly as it appears in the list of choices!

In the unlikely event that you need to SSH into the box, you will be assigned an IP via DHCP, if DHCP fails, you will be assigned the following IP information:

IP: 192.168.1.13
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1

The login details for the Stardust installer are the same as in Gentoox:

Username: root
    Password: xbox

If you cannot get Cromwell to work, or flash your BIOS, you can use your existing BIOS to boot the CD, simply place the CD in the drive and Xromwell will load.

If you cannot get the CD to boot at all, you can follow this methods (However, it makes use of illegal software which I do NOT support):

Click for FTP Tutorial

1.1 - Installation types and their requirements

There are now 3 installation types, E, F, Native. 'E' is the traditional installation where all the files are placed in E:. 'F' places 'rootfs' and 'swap' on the F: partition but leaves the other files in E: (required for Cromwell/ Xromwell support).

'Native' formats your F: partition to reiserfs and then extracts the rootfs to the newly formatted partition.

WARNING: 'NATIVE' WILL DESTROY ALL DATA ON YOUR F: PARTITION. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST. ONCE 'NATIVE' HAS BEEN SELECTED, THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR F: PARTITION BACK FOR NORMAL USAGE IS BY FORMATTING!

The requirements for these installations is as follows:

'e' - You must have 4.5GB free on your E: drive.

'f' - You must have 4.5GB free on your F: drive and 650MB free on your E: drive. The 650MB on E: is just used during installation and is freed up after the install is complete. (i.e. it is just temporary space)

'native' - You must have 4.5GB free on your E: drive and at least a 2GB F: partition. The 4.5GB on E: is just used during installation and is freed up after the install is complete. (i.e. it is just temporary space)

The advantage of a 'native' install is that drive access is a lot faster and puts a lot less strain on the system (loopback filesystems require a large amount of system resources when being accessed). Also, you wont be limited to the 4GB rootfs filesize, your filesystem will be as big as your F: partition is.

NOTE: If you do not have an F: partition then 'native' and 'f' will not be available. If by some reason they do appear in the menu, DO NOT select them as you may damage your filesystem.

1.2 - Booting

If you have a flashable TSOP or modchip, you can tell the installer to flash it with a modified Cromwell BIOS for Gentoox. This BIOS will make Gentoox autoboot each time the Xbox is turned on (after a 10 second delay or when you press the 'A' button on your Xpad). Gentoox is launched by selecting the left 'HDD' icon. Again, this BIOS only takes up 256K so you can still have other BIOSes on a 1MB chip. If you have a 256k modchip and later decide you no longer want this BIOS, you can reflash it from within Gentoox using raincoat. You should never get stuck with just Linux on your Xbox.

You can also boot up Gentoox with this Stardust CD (put it in the drive, then select the left hand icon when it appears).

If you cannot use the BIOS solution, you can launch Gentoox by running:

"E:gentooxx.xbe"

Again, this works with font hacks (needs signing first!!!)"
    "pappa är rätt jävla less på pengar nu så det måste vara billigt!!!" - Unicross 25/10-07

SmartXX 2.0 *Lödd Av Mig *
    Maxtor D-Max 200gig
    v. 1.6 crystal

Ps2 V7, med DUO2 chip, lödd av mig...

Bor du i Östersund och kliar dig i skallen över en lödpunkt, tveka inte att maila!

Registrerade
    Jan 2004
    Respekt
    Ingen svensk guide?

Registrerade
    May 2005
    Respekt
    Är det gentoox som är bästa linusvarianten till xbox?
    Xbox v.1.0 - X3 - X3CP - Thomson DVD - 200 GB - Kai - X-DSL

Registrerade
    Apr 2005
    Från
    Östersund (Frösön)
    Respekt
    *HOST*Xebian! Xebian!*HOST*
    "pappa är rätt jävla less på pengar nu så det måste vara billigt!!!" - Unicross 25/10-07

SmartXX 2.0 *Lödd Av Mig *
    Maxtor D-Max 200gig
    v. 1.6 crystal

Ps2 V7, med DUO2 chip, lödd av mig...

Bor du i Östersund och kliar dig i skallen över en lödpunkt, tveka inte att maila!

Registrerade
    Nov 2002
    Från
    Sala
    Respekt

Registrerade
    Jan 2004
    Respekt
    Inte försvinner allt man har på Xboxen om man lägger in linux? Som t.ex. evoX och sånt? Hur startar man sedan Linux när man installerat det?

Registrerade
    Nov 2002
    Från
    Sala
    Respekt
    Citat Original inlägg av jahaja
    Inte försvinner allt man har på Xboxen om man lägger in linux? Som t.ex. evoX och sånt? Hur startar man sedan Linux när man installerat det?
    Det står i guiden.

Registrerade
    Jan 2004
    Respekt
    Ok har nu installerat Linux men då är det ju de där problemet med upplösningeb Finns det verkligen inget sätt att fixa det på?

Liknande diskussioner

1. Hur spelar man in från xboxen????
    By Matrixxxx in forum X-BOX Spel/Mjukvara
    Senaste inlägg: 2005-05-13, 19:12
  2. Rosa EvoX logga, hur får jag bort den?
    By PureDigital in forum X-BOX Spel/Mjukvara
    Senaste inlägg: 2005-03-02, 07:53
  3. någon som har en guide hur man löder dit en USB port ?
    By XRavers in forum X-BOX Hårdvaruforum
    Senaste inlägg: 2004-05-11, 23:11
  4. Inlägg: 11
    Senaste inlägg: 2003-12-18, 15:06
  5. kommer ej ihåg hur man får i gång ett spel med region x bootskivan PS2
    By felizia in forum Playstation 2 - produktsupport - MULTI-X CHIP
    Senaste inlägg: 2002-07-01, 03:41