Toubleshootimg Guide
1. Tray does not eject/go back in after the Eject button is pressed.

Check points 38 and 39 on the P2 motherboard, the most probable points that you will experience a short
on.

2. Tray does not come out for the EA/DVDR swap.

Check points 40 and 41 on the Mod, and on the P2, ensure they are in the correct positions.

3. Macrovision is still enabled.

Check that points 43 and 42 are connected correctly, on both the mod and the P2.

These points are optional - don't connect them if you are not bothered about macrovision

4. Colours are distorted when playing a DVD, very hard to make out the picture.

Make sure there are no shorts between points 43 and 42, if there is a slight short, it will have this effect.

5. PSX Games Work, but cannot boot P2 backups or play movies.

Check the following points - 1,2,7,8,9,10,11,30,31 and 32

Ensure that they are connected to the correct positions and there are no broken wires.

6. Checked for a Short, removed pin 2 and the P2 still does not boot

Check the following points, if you get these the wrong way round, or have a broken wire, -
3,4,5,6,7,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,2 5,26,27,28,33,36,37 and 44.

Ensure that you have +5V DC on point 36 and a -V DC on point 37.

7. When P2 is switched on I get blank screen and the tray keeps coming out and in.

Check that Pin 44 is not shorting to ground, this will cause your P2 to enter "Mad mode"

8. P2 will not play multiregion.

Make sure you play a film of your consoles region first. Then turn off for 10 seconds then try to play your
different region movie

9. ECv3 & ea games.

You need to do a swap for the ea games to boot .
it's the same method as the dvd swap but you use any original cd.
or patch the games

10.Tray comes out real slow on DVDR swap and disc does not pickup.

We've found one some P2's that the live point is not giving out a true 5 volts. This makes the tray eject
quite slow and the disc doesnt quite pick up - you press X to continue and the gold disc just stays on the
screen

You need to test with a multimeter and find a live point on the board that is giving a true 5 volts.

In the meantime simply give the tray a nudge to pick up the disc
__________________________________________________ ________________________

P2 does not come on, no display, no sound.

Quick Check

Remove the wire from Point 2 on the PCB, if the P2 powers up, then you probably have a broken wire, or a
wire on the wrong connection. If it does not power on, then you have a short, check all connections. If you
are sure that all connections are ok, and there are no shorts, even with Point 2 on the PCB removed, then
check that you have cut the correct track, if you have not cut it, or cut the wrong one, then it will not work.

Connections Wrong
Check all your connections and ensure they go to the right places, especially points 1-33, points 36 and 37,
and point 44.

Broken Wire
If using Kynar wire the most common thing is broken wires, check all connections.

P2 boots, but does not load CDRs.

Receiving the SCEE/SCEA signal
If the P2 does not receive this signal it will not boot CDRs, check connection numbers 34 and 35 on both
the mod and the console.

Tray does not eject/go back in after the Eject button is pressed.

Connections
Check points 38 and 39 on the P2 motherboard, the most probable points that you will experience a short
on.

Tray does not come out for the EA/DVDR swap

Check points 40 and 41 on the Mod, and on the P2, ensure they are in the correct positions.

Macrovision is still enabled.

Check that points 43 and 42 are connected correctly, on both the mod and the P2.

Colours are distorted when playing a DVD, very hard to make out the picture

Make sure there are no shorts between points 43 and 42, if there is a slight short, it will have this effect.

F.A.Q

Hopefully this FAQ will help to solve some of the common installation problems.

Q. I've installed Neochip but the screen is black.

A. Check your macrovision wires (42&43). Also test to see if they read 1000 ohms on either side of the
resistor.

Q. Why do I need to cut the track ? Do I have to ?

A. You need to cut the track to enable Neochip to act as the P2's bios, its completely reversible and is
necessary for Neochip to work correctly.

Q. How can I test if I have a faulty chip ?

A. Remove wire 2 from the mod and power up, if the console works, you either have a short or a dead mod.

Q. Which wires do I need to re-link if I remove the modchip ?

A. 21 and 33

Q. Everything is working but it wont play P2 backups

A. Check the track is cut correctly by using a continuity tester on points 21 and 33

Q. Import games / DVD movies are working but are in black and white

A. Check wires 42 & 43, get a proper scart cable and make sure your TV can do PAL and NTSC

Q. DVD multiregion is not working

A. Play a title from your own region for 30 seconds before playing a multiregion disk, check pin 32

Q. The P2 is saying "DVD player is not set up".

A. The dvd drivers have either been deleted or were never on your P2, send for a repair. This is not a
user-servicable problem.

Q. Do i have to put all 44 wires on the mod ?

A. For everything , yes ! . If you dont want macrovision, you can leave off wires 42 and 43.

Q. What tools are required for Neochip installation ?

A.

Kynar wire 30awg
Fibreglass brush
Flux pen
desolder braid
soldering iron
wire cutters / strippers
The desolder braid is optional and is for removing excess solder

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

ECv3 - Signals

Pins 1-11 are Address Lines
Pins 12-20 are Data Lines
Pin 21 is Chip Enable for the PS2 ROM
Pins 22-32 are Address Lines
Pin 33 is the PS2 Chip Enable signal

Pin 34 is SCEE Management (SCEX Signal)
Pin 35 is Clock Signal
Pin 36 is +5 Volt
Pin 37 is Earth (Ground)
Pin 38 is BA Pin2 (tray direction open / close)
Pin 39 is BA Pin1 (tray direction open / close)
Pin 40 is Eject Detect
Pin 41 is Tray-Motor Enable
Pin 42 is Macrovision 1
Pin 43 is Macrovision 2